Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Waterton Ender

Well the tourist season is coming to an end. As we approach the last offical weekend for waterton, I am reminded of the time of the year that I like the best. When everyone else leaves the Park! The wife and I headed up last weekend for a short hike, as that's all we can do right now. As per the picture below, we have to limit our strenous activity.


We hiked the trail along Cameron Lake and were flooded with heavy traffic. I so prefer the longer, but more enjoyable ski along or across the lake in winter. We still run into people, but for some reason, it just seems better.


I welcome the fall and winter this season. May all your Waterton trips be solitary and soul searching as we head towards 2007.

2 Comments:

At 10/04/2006 10:14:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Waterton this time of year as well. I took my daughter and some other youngins' for a short climb by the info booth. Later, my daughter and I hiked Bear's Hump. The colors are amazing, and the minimal traffic increases the enjoyment. Thanks for the pics of Cameron.

Good luck with the baby, guys. Your adventure is just beginning :-). 

Posted by Nathan

 
At 10/07/2006 09:12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marko......i've always felt that Waterton has to be the crown jewel of North America. I love that park year round for what it has to offer, but without a doubt, winter is my favorite. 

Posted by Blair Piggot

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me