Sunday, April 09, 2006

Warm Rock in Waterton

Jumping right into summer this weekend, I had the chance to finally climb a route on the Bears Hump. On Friday Aaron and I climbed Leaning column and a little 5.3 (named has slipped my mind, but its on the right of the middle ledge). What great rock and interesting pro during the lower rock band. The rock was warm and dry and fairly clean except for a few spots were the winter loosened up the yellow limestone. What would be a recomended route for next week end? I have been studying the guide book and I would like to try the lichen lines, any advice?
Chris M
P.S. we got coated in ticks
P.P.S. the hangers were missing off of a station at the top of Leaning Column, I can replace them if need be, or this could be part of the bolting debate?

2 Comments:

At 4/11/2006 05:43:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite on the Bear's Hump has got to be Cusak's. I enjoy starting on Leaning Column and then heading over to Cusak's. Makes for a fun day. The Upper Prow is also another excellent climb. In fact i thourghly enjoy a day on Bear's Hump no matter what i climb. So Chris, just grab your gear and start heading up routes, you'll enjoy most of them. 

Posted by Blair Piggot

 
At 4/11/2006 07:24:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those were from a rescue some time ago. I could be wrong though. I don't think the debates about bolts would ever go to that.

Lichen right is my preference. However the upper prow is one of the best. 

Posted by chris g

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me