Monday, July 30, 2007

Experts Choice

Climbed Experts Choice on Saturday with Brett. Up Crispy Ambulance and over to Split Clevage makes for fun day of climbing. Right below the roof on the last pitch Brett tore out a large rock that spit him over backwards and left him hanging upside down off a #3 cam a 120m off the deck. Talk about exciting. Unfortunately the rock he tore out weighed about 20 lbs. and landed on our ropes with enough impact to fuse them together. We finished the climb and rapped off but i now have two half ropes that are about 45 m long (the other one got hit coming off the miter in Lake Louise). They just keep getting shorter and shorter.



At 8/06/2007 09:31:00 PM , Blogger chris g said...

SOunds like quite the adventure! If I was Brett I would have been quite .... excited taking that tumble.

I have been doing a bit of climbing here in Thailand onmy honey moon.

The rock is great, but the heat is just way too much. You sweat at least 2l of water on each climb. It makes gripping holds rather challenging.

We are off to Chang Mai today to finish up the last leg of our journey and then it is back home on Aug 17 and time to get ready for my new position at work.

At 8/09/2007 08:17:00 AM , Blogger chris g said...

I hope you got that pitch under the last belay on split cleavage put in. I think that one we worked went up from the Crispy Ambulance belay? Or am I thinking of another below the Crispy Belay anchor?

At any rate, now that Anne is addicted to climbing, my prospects are looking up! Maybe we will get a day on the overhangs this Aug? I will be available after the 20th

At 8/09/2007 09:14:00 PM , Blogger Blair Piggot said...

Glad to hear your having a good time. It does look inticing.
I haven't worked the route at Expert's yet. I'm thinking fall project if it doesn't get to cold. That will be good if you can get out. Then you can give me a hand. I was also eyeballing another project that might make an interesting climb. I'll get a hold of you when you get back. I'm off to do the East ridge of Temple this weekend and the week of the 17th Brett and i are heading off to take a crack at Mt. Alberta. Hopefully the weather holds out.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me