Friday, July 16, 2010

East Glacier - Two Medicine

Last weekend I was camping with the family in the Two Medicine area around East Glaciers. I was dreaming of the day when I can get back out scrambling and enjoyed looking at the peaks. When I got home I had to pull out "A Climber's Guide to Glacier National Park" by J. Gordon Edwards and check out the routes on the peaks I was scoping.
From 2010_07 East Glacier Trip

Sinopah Mountain (8271ft) is the most prominant peak to the right and according to the guidebook is class 3 with a 5 mile to the summit.  Apparently, it's an easy 7 to 8 hour day.  Personally, I liked the peak to the middle, Painted Tepee (7650ft).  While not as high, it is said to have a great view of the Two Medicine area and a good way to look at some of the other peaks.
In particular Flinsch Peak which has a scree/Matterhorn look to it.  I grabbed this image from summitpost.org
Has anyone done some climbing/scrambling in the area?  What would you like to climb in East Glacier?

1 Comments:

At 7/18/2010 01:26:00 PM , Blogger trevbo said...

The Two Medicine area is one of my favorite spots for hiking/scrambling/car camping. The Dawson Pitamaikin loop is a great hike... Good scrambles in the area I've enjoyed and would reccommend: Rising wolf, Scenic Point Ridgewalk... i'd love to do Sinopah and Flinsch one day as well as Mt. Helen.
Regards,
Trevor

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me