Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Waterton Conditions


Dave and I climbed the smears up to the left from the oil well site on the cameron lake highway. It was a bushwack up to the ice and 50 m pitch of decent ice with a little sting at the end. The decent sucked as the ground is not quite frozen and there is a thin layer of snow on the scree. Other ice appears to be forming. Experts appeared to almost be climable on the left side, Q & D is forming, Lineham looked climable from across the valley. I will throw up some pics this afternoon. Cheers.

3 Comments:

At 11/13/2007 11:01:00 PM , Blogger chris goble said...

Hope you guys enjoyed the wind! I haven't seen the lake quite that windy in a while. It looked to have 4-5 foot waves on ti. The way they were breaking reminded me of the East coast during a hurricane.

 
At 11/15/2007 11:48:00 AM , Blogger Scott Harms said...

the wind was sick..... we were just about getting blown over, but it kept the ice frozen......

 
At 11/15/2007 11:59:00 AM , Blogger Aimee said...

Expert's choice almost climbable? For real? I was up there on Saturday having a look at stuff and it appeared to be nothing more than wet rock. I guess the rain on Sat and cold temps that night did a lot for it....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me