Monday, September 10, 2007

Rumble Strips

For those who haven’t been to the park recently, after recent paving work, a series of rumble strips have been cut on the by the park gate and down the hill after the information bureau.

Here’s what I have found so far. The strips leading to the gate, while annoying, are probably a good idea. However two or three would have sufficed. From what I can see of the strips going down the info bureau hill, cyclists hate them, late at night a few cars are now driving on the wrong side of the road, and speed is the best bet to make the huge width of the strips less traumatic to your car. I guess the only consolation is the large amount of noise they make can be heard quite well at the park superintendent’s house. I wonder if park vehicle shock’s will wear out early as an added benefit of this extra safety feature?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me