Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ice Drive By

There are a tonne of cars driving around checking out the remains of the Kilmorey. I am now one of them, so I won't say much.

Looking at Sullivan's Falls, the ice to the left looks about as fat an well formed as I have ever seen it. I elected to make dinner rather than check out Cameron. The ice line on Vimy - Irish Dreams is also very fat.

Gossip mill also has some talk about the park renovating & updating the parking and green area just south of the falls.

3 Comments:

At 1/29/2009 10:14:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there.

Anybody know what the compound gulleys and/or the Gasser is like these days...thinking about going out on Saturday....

Thanks,

Brad H.

 
At 2/05/2009 07:11:00 PM , Blogger chris goble said...

Bottom pitches of compound are not in at all. I don't know about the gasser, but would suppose it is in good to great shape.

 
At 2/05/2009 09:51:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks -- we ended up climbing it last Saturday. As you pointed out, the bottom two pitches are missing, but the top pitches were great.

Also, the hike up there was probably the easiest and fastest I've seen it in a while. If you find the right route, little or no post-holing - and much of it blown free of snow....

Brad H

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me