Thursday, October 15, 2009

New bike path


If you read the Letbridge Herald yesterday, you probably notice that Rick Casson announced funding for a new bike path into the Waterton townsite. The bike path will be near, but apparently separate from the road. It is slated to be started next year.

I am not sure if this means widening of some parts of the road, or if it means they will use the old fiber optic line that was laid about 50m south of the road in the late 90's.

No matter what it is a much needed feature.

image from http://randsco.com/

2 Comments:

At 10/19/2009 01:21:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know if it is a single or two-way path (with a line down the middle)?

 
At 10/19/2009 03:02:00 PM , Blogger chris goble said...

I haven't heard. I don't expect it will be too wide. Personally, I am guessing some sections will basically be a shoulder to the existing road, but then I wasn't at the meeting, and haven't talked to the park office.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me