Friday, May 06, 2005

Happy 6 month Anniversary

The first post went up 6 months ago on November 2nd. So far we have over 6,500 hits. Each day the number of unique visitors is roughly half the number of hits. This means about 20 unique visitors a day with about 10 first time visitors a day. If one counts the cummalitive number of unique visitors I'm sure it is far less. Judging by the number of comments that get left this works out to about 500 hits per comment (excluding the 3 or so regular commenters). There doesn't seem to be a single day where the hits peak. Of course weekends always see slow traffic.




So with the anniversary, I thought I would just give readers a run down on the posters.

Chris Morris

Our newest contributor, and the connection to the pass. He is intending to put up some mountain bike oriented information, as well as get out the old folk off their keesters! He is currently off on a trip for a few months.

Chris Goble

That's me, the ever moving, ever balding Watertonite. I tend to post on kayaking, science, as well as anything else I can think of to keep things going.

Dave Stephen's

Dave run one of the original version of a blog up on his very popular website, The 200lb Flame Thrower . com. So far no posts from Dave, but I am sure he quest for all the peaks in the Park will generate more than a few scrambling posts over the summer.

Blair Piggot

Blair is our local welder and business stress case. He is out every week gragging others along as he impersonates a rope gun. He's the man for back country skiing and climbing.

Joe McKay

Probably back up in Banff running his guiding business. Joe's been on the routes the rest of us dream of.

Mark Iwaasa

Another 90's era climber who has gone and gotten soft in a Kayak. We are still waiting for Mark's first post. When it comes, expect something about making your own gear. He's the pro.

Rob Hagler

Rob is our Glacier connection. Having put up a number of routes down at Blackleaf, and now living in Whitefish with a new child, chances are he knows someone who has done that alpine rock route you have been thinking about for the last few years.

Scott Harms

Scott has the most gear of anyone I know. WIth his line of work, I hope he has a good insurance policy for it all. Scott posts on the climbing in the park, as well as all the nice new toys one could want.

5 Comments:

At 5/05/2005 11:33:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, and nice job on the blog! I always enjoy info on this area, and the related US region, thanks for that. The science and story posts are also nice. Keep up the good work!
 

Posted by Linda Breton

 
At 5/06/2005 08:42:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean, I haven't had any posts?!?!? I have too. I replied to 75% of the topics out there, and I've even started a few of my own.

It's nice to see this blog picking up momentum. My website started out with those kinds of numbers back in 1997, and I now get over 11,000 page hits (excluding images) per DAY.

Oh yeah... I take credit for bringing Linda to this site. :-) Linda comes from Saskatoon. I thought I had a rough mountain commute!!! Anyway, she's done a few good scrambles in the Waterton/Crowsnest area. Objectives like Victoria Peak and some of the Kane Scrambles.

 

Posted by Dave Stephens

 
At 5/06/2005 09:28:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that. I was differentiating between posts and comments. I think you are the all time comment leader. I appreciate hearing from them. Of course for some reason they always make me want to go next door to DQ? Too bad about this weekend. It looks like the weather won't be great anyways.

Would you be interested in heading down to Dillon Montana one of these sunny weekends? There is a nice short hike to a nice granite spire. It is a bit of a drive though. Maybe even Lindian in range. 

Posted by chris goble

 
At 5/06/2005 09:54:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm out of commission for this weekend and next. My wife is heading to Chicago for business, leaving me to take care of the three kids. For the May long weekend, Blair and I are thinking of either the Freshfields or Twins, then the following weekend, if there is still enough snow, we might ski into Sir Douglas for the NW Face. So, I'd be interested in heading down there in the first couple of weekends of June. Do you have a picture of the spire? Do you know the length and grade?
 

Posted by Dave Stephens

 
At 5/06/2005 10:07:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try and get a post up as soon as I can :) Have fun with the kids. I am helping out with the kayaking fest in Pincher on the long weekend. When summer gets here, you should crash at the cabin for a weekend. My parents are finally moving their furniture into their new house next week. That means it should be finished by June, after only 26 months of work. By July, the guest house (room) should also be completely finished. 

Posted by chris goble

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me