Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thursday Ice conditions


Trap Line
Originally uploaded by cgoble72.
I managed to get up the Cameron highway just as it was getting dark. Expert's and QD are obviously out. Trap Line area looks thin, but good for top roping. The freeze thaw cycle this week has also started a new mixed style line going up on the nose of Buchannon Ridge. Sorry for fuzzy picture.

The begginer slabs up the first drainage on Buchannon look quite good, especially without their regular avy hazard. I will have to look up the names Joe McKay gave to them last year.

As for other conditions, Sullivans looks in but thin. I am guessing Drywood will be in great shape for the pillars. I would expect a number of new lines to be possible up there. I would guess Lineham left could be in, but I am not sure on that one. Midnight Madness should still be fine. Crypt I would guess would be in. With the forecast of rain though, who knows what one should do.

2 Comments:

At 11/28/2005 09:08:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a shot of Trap Line from part way up
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13989042@N00/67940532/  

Posted by chris goble

 
At 11/28/2005 02:40:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't find any records on the Buchannon Basin Climbs. Josephson might have the names and FA data though. It seems likely Joe McKay may have got the FA, but I can't be certain on that. If anyone knows any better info, feel free to comment. 

Posted by chris goble

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me