Thursday, August 06, 2009

Old Hunting Map

Over at New Scientist they have a short article on what appears to be a very old map (14,000 years) to some hunting grounds and a cave. After spending some time wading through maps this month trying to write up some of the scrambling descriptions I found it pretty interesting.

On a somewhat tangental note, I can never figure out why anthropologists and archaeologists doubt the ability of ancient people to travel great distances (see the buzz on the book 1421) or be a little bit more sophisticated than we imagine. I have enjoyed the discovery series on old machines - especially the ones on the water siphons and related gadgets.

If I ever was really bored, I think spending some time to re-invent those old gear driven and pulley based gadgets would be fun.

1 Comments:

At 2/15/2018 09:04:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like to see the old hunting map that you mentioned in the post. Any chance you still have the link? Thanks in advance!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me