Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Captain Tractor!

It looks like the infamous Captain Tractor is coming down south on the long weekend. They wrote the original "Pirate on the river South Saskatechewan" Here is the info:

SOUTH COUNTRY FAIR HOSTS CAPTAIN TRACTOR

WITH SPECIAL GUESTS

THE LOCAL SENSATION SOPHMORE JAKES

MAY 21 @ 8 PM

FORT MACLEOD ARENA (21st ST. AND 3rd AVE.)

IN ADVANCE: STUDENT(UNDER 17) $12.00 ADULT $15.00
AT THE DOOR: STUDENT $15.00 ADULT $18.00
12 AND UNDER FREE

FOR ADVANCE TICKETS CALL 553 3070

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Sjoerd Schaafsma - Secretary & Email Guy
The Lethbridge Folk Club - Since 1979
Our Web Site

http://lfc.ab.ca

4 Comments:

At 5/16/2005 12:22:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually the Arrogant Worms wrote the original "pirates of the south sask"
Still hearing the Tractor is always a fun time.  

Posted by James McDowell

 
At 5/16/2005 01:30:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, did you used to live up in Calgary? If I am correct, I think we tried to do Wicked Wanda once.

I thought the arrogant worms covered that? 

Posted by chris goble

 
At 5/17/2005 10:28:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris

i did live in Calgary but that was about 25 years ago. No i live in Lethbridge
we have climbed at the wall before. I'm one of the lurkers in the climbing/skiing
community that wishes he could get out more. I climb and scramble with John Harter mainly
when I can. So no the Tractor is doing the cover i'm pretty sure. I have a kayak now too
so maybe we can hook up
 

Posted by James McDowell

 
At 5/17/2005 01:40:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I was mistaking you. Sounds great to hook up kayaking. Hopefully you check the ORCKA blog page for updates. This weekend will be the big get together in Pincher Creek. It should be good. We are at the Castle River Rodeo grounds just north of Beaver Mines all weekend. There will be trips down lots of different rivers.

As for climbing, give me a call whenever you are free. I have vacation starting June 28th and will be looking for people to get out with. Also the medicine hat crew with Ralph Eckman is very active. If you can ever get hold of them down at the wall in Medicine hat, I bet you could join them for a day. Let me know if you want Raph's email. 

Posted by chris goble

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email me